Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Changes in Attitudes

I did an investigation of what it would take to rebuild the foundation for our house. It is expensive, but I didn't know it would be upwards of $50k. So that pretty much closes the door on us doing any more significant work on the house. We're going to move as soon as Dana graduates and/or gets a job, and/or we sell the house.

We also learned a valuable lesson this week about sick kid etiquette. People don't want to have sick kids around, and it's important to respect that! At the moment both of the kids have a cold, and so do I. I'm determined to try not to use my army of virus dispensers to infect other people.

Now, here are some more pictures...

Here Genevieve is about to smile
And BINGO! A smile!

Last weekend we walked over to our Saturday farmer's market. I caught these great pictures of Alex and Dana walking together.
We're still working with Alex on crossing the street. MOST of the time he remembers to stop at the corner and wait for somebody to hold his hand.

Walking in downtown Berthoud

Alex loves to run!

5 comments:

Carla Mary Stangel said...

Squeal! She is smiling! I LOVE it! She looks so much like Alex, except she's got a little "Elvis" curl to her lip that Alex doesn't.

Carla Mary Stangel said...

So, 'splain what you mean by people don't like sick kids around - did you have to keep Alex home with his cold?

Auntie Kimmers said...

Oh yeah Carla, I wondered too. What circumstances percipitated the "sick child etiquette" revelation? Please don't tell me you took the kids to work? Arrrgh, I used to work for a woman who did that! And I was asked to babysit while she went to meetings. Oh Dear God, Dan. Tell me you didn't do that . . .

Carla Mary Stangel said...

Is Genevieve wearing the sleeper I got at Costco in a 6 month size??? It's a good color for her.

Anonymous said...

Sweet smiley pictures of Genevieve, and Alex looks like he's grown about 4 inches since early August!

Aunto Ali