Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Colorado Caucus 2008

Last night Dana, Alex and I went to the Colorado caucus to cast our vote. Alex had a lot to say, but unfortunately he's a touch too young to be counted. Still he drinks like a Kennedy ;-)

He's still not walking on his own, but last week he took his first four steps under Ryanne's watchful, and amazed, gaze. Over the past week he's tried a few more times with varying degrees of success.

He's also been getting much better about climbing down stairs. He takes an immense amount of pleasure in climbing up a few steps, stopping to make sure somebody's watching, then backing his way down from whatever perch he's attained. This combination he repeats several times before getting bored and finally climbing his way all the way up or down the stairs.

Last week in Houston was much more fun than I expected. I gave a pretty good presentation to about 15 interested attendees, but most of the value came from the discussions I had with lots of open source middleware stakeholders during the week. I gained some very useful insight that I can use in making the products more accessible and attractive to customers. That is, if I keep working on that project.

1 comment:

Auntie Kimberly said...

Yeaaaah! I'm glad you and Dana took Alex along to vote. It's never too early to teach civic duty! Glad you had a good time in Houston, you are becoming quite the gypsy with all your travel.