Sunday, August 5, 2007

Return Home

Sorry for the big delay in posting. Dana and Alex flew home from Seattle 2 weeks ago Wednesday, and I drove home starting Wednesday evening after a hectic afternoon of packing and cleaning the condo.

Both of our trips were uneventful. I took I-5 south to Oregon and picked up my trailer there full of goodies from Grandpa. Then I headed East through Washington and Idaho down to Salt Lake City. From there I headed across Wyoming and down into Colorado. Thursday and Friday were two very long driving days. I do not recommend making that drive in 2 days! Fortunately, on Thursday night I had a warm bed waiting for me at Alison's lovely home in SLC's Sugarhouse neighborhood. What a relief it is to arrive there and be greeted by the friendly "woof" of a couple of greyhounds. I slept in Friday and then Ali and I had a relaxing breakfast at the cafe down the street.

By the time I got to Laramie, it was dumping rain. Plus it was getting near dusk. I just don't do very well driving in the rain at night. But fortunately I know the roads from Laramie to home like the back of my hand, having driven them so many times. So I just took it slow and got home with no problems. It was such a joy to get home and see my two favorite people there to welcome me with open arms!

No comments: