Sunday, August 12, 2007

On the Mend

The 3 of us are recovering from the flu that Alex brought home. It was a doozey! I have not been that sick in years. The last time I think I was that sick was Freshman year at Berkeley, right before the Fall semester final exams. I came down with a real nasty flu. On a tip from one of my dorm mates, I tried drinking 3-4 1/2 gallon cartons of orange juice per day. It didn't help. I don't think the flu was the cause of my horrible grades that semester, but it sure didn't help any.

The doctor reported back to me last week that I had Strep B. But that is naturally occurring in the flora and fauna of the GI tract, so it seems odd that it would "infect" my throat. Anyhow he prescribed penicillin, which has done nothing at all. I think I'm recovering slowly on my own.

We spent a good part of the weekend sorting through old papers stuff away up in the back bedroom. Most of these papers had come over from our respective pasts in California, having been untouched in 4-7 years. We will be doing quite a lot of recycling next week! It is very refreshing to get rid of a lot of that extra baggage. As I keep telling Dana, I want to live in a home, not a warehouse. As a recovering pack-rat myself, I understand how difficult this can be sometimes.

I didn't get to the wiring in the attic yet. It's just been too hot up there most of the time. If I can get up there tomorrow morning before work, while Alex takes his morning nap, I should be able to wrap up.

1 comment:

Auntie Kimberly said...

Happy Birthday to you, Dan-o!!!! Hope you are having a GREAT day (and recovering from the flu). Sounds like you all have been absolutely miserable.